When I was in 7th grade, I got me an AOL Instant Messenger account. From around that time in 1999/2000, technology has taken massive steps to make things quicker and easier for the working man/woman. Today we can have a whole conversation with the screen of a computer or cell phone. This is desensitizing human beings. Remember when we used to pick up the home telephone and get out our address book, or piece of paper with phone numbers on it?
Today, I know people who do not even have home phones any more. They have eliminated it from full in their household. Just cellphones and internet grace the homes. I didnt get a cell phone until I was 16 years old, three years after my AIM account was made. Today, I see 3rd and 4th grades carrying cell phones. I see my siblings talking their lives away on the internet, via keyboard and mouse. What is this doing to their communication skills? When you aren't looking someone face to face, it is easy to say just about anything.
This is dehumanizing. Destructive. Is technological incline good for the human race? or bad for communication, and sensitivity. Ever find it hard to look someone in the eye when speaking to them in person?
Think about it. Next time you want to send someone a text, you ought to dial them up instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment